Book a Therapuetic
..a massage fit for a King or a Queen
Prepay and Receive a $20 discount
Therapeutic massage is a broad concept that encompasses a variety of specialized modalities that help the body's natural healing processes. It is designed to resolve real body problems as well as compensation patterns that arise as a result of the body's effort to relieve pain. It can be used as a collaborative, supportive addition to conventional medical treatment of illness and injury, alleviating pain and stress, and revitalizing the body.
Therapeutic Massage may include:
- Swedish / Relaxation: Used for relaxation or managng minor pain. Uses firm, gentle pressure to promote relaxation, and ease muscle tension. It is a traditional massage that will alleviate your tension and allow you to relax and unwind.
- Sports Massage: a systematic manipulation of the body's soft tissues that focuses on muscles relevant to a specific sport. It is recommended for an athlete, someone who plays sports or is involved in recreational activities. Sports massage uses various approaches to help athletes in training --before, during, or after sports events to enhance performance, promote flexibility, prevent injury, and promote healing post-injury. It may help muscle strains, aiding healing after a sports injury.
- Benefits include:
- Increased joint range of motion (ROM)
- Increased flexibility
- Decreased muscle tension
- Decreased neurological excitability (nerves more relaxed)
- Decreased muscle spasms/ soreness
- Better sleep
- Increased blood flow
- Increased elimination of exercise waste products (lactic acid)
- Decreased chance of injury
- Decreased recovery time between workouts
- Benefits include:
- Deep Tissue: Deep muscle and connective tissue work is performed. Slow strokes and deep finger pressure are used to release muscle tension and surrounding tissue. Designed to remove severe tension, deep tissue massage is a technique used to relieve both muscles and connective tissue below the surface. It helps to improve range of motion and heal injuries below the surface.
- Myofascial Release: A hands-on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into myofascial connective tissue restrictions to relieve pain and restore motion. This technique focuses on pain believed to arise from myofascial tissues -the tough membranes that wrap, connect and support your muscles. These areas, which are not always near the source of pain, are thought to restrict muscle and joint movement, contributing to widespread muscle pain. Myofascial release therapy uses focused manual pressure and stretching to loosen restricted movement, which leads to reduced pain indirectly.
*Out of respect for your therapist's time, we ask that if you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, that you give us at least 24 hours notice. Appointments cancelled or rescheduled under the 24 hour mark will be subject to a $50 fee. Appointments can be rescheduled or cancelled by calling 815-334-0842. Thank you for understanding!